I love Hello Kitty since I was a little girl! I don’t know why…. but the Hello Kitty face always can make me smile anytime I see them.
So, I’m going to make the Hello Kitty Cookies to help me get through the blue Monday! Hope you guys enjoy it as I do! You can get the cookie cutter HERE: Sanrio Hello Kitty Cutter
Ingredients: (around 30 (included butter & chocolate flavors) cookies
a. Butter Flavor:
b. Chocolate Flavor:
1. Soften Butter
2. Sift Flour
3. Cut the Softened butter into small pieces
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter until fluffy and pale yellow.
2. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until combined. (turn white)
3. Add the egg yolk and beat on low speed until well blended.
4. Sift the flour into another bowl, Add half of the flour into the butter mixture and stir with a plastic spoon until blended then add the rest.
5. The dough should be soft at this step. Turn the dough out of the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 mins.
7. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator, place between 2 sheets of waxed paper, and roll out 1/4 inch (6mm) thick.
9. Use a cookie cutter (I used Hello Kitty cookie cutter), cut out the cookies.
10. Repeat to roll out the remaining dough portions, then reroll the dough scraps into 1/4 inch thick dough. Cut the dough again.
Note: if the dough becomes sticky, wrap it and chill in the freezer for about 10 mins before rolling out.
11. Place the cookies to the prepared pans, bake until firm to the tough, about 12mins to 15 mins.
12. Transfer the pans to wire racks. Loosen the cookies from the pans with the spatula, but leave in place on the pans until cooled.
Done!!! Eating kitty cookies on Monday can totally give me more energy and solve my Monday blue!!!
This cookie is super cute to be as a cake or dessert decoration!
Why don’t you try to make some & share your special cookies with me:D
NOTE: You can get the cookie cutter HERE: Sanrio Hello Kitty Cutter