Last month, my younger brother came to San Francisco visiting and he fell in love with this dessert when I made it for him at our Thanksgiving dinner. He ate several pieces at the same night and had couple of it next day. Also, he bought this mousse cake for his friends and turned out everyone loved it!
Of course I was super happy that he loves this dessert that much! And figuring out I should post this recipe at my blog to share this creamy, light ,and fluffy white chocolate mousse cake, which will be a perfect choice for your holiday dessert!
For making Chocolate Cake
Ingredients: (8*12 baking pan)
Egg*3 (room temperature)
Cake Flour * 40g
Corn starch *10g
Chocolate powder *10g
Granulated sugar * 60g
Melted Butter (unsalted) * 20g
1. Preheat oven to 340F and prepare a cooking pan filling with boiling water. (or a double boiler.)
2. Prepare a 8*12 inch bake pan and line with baking parchment.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl then put the bowl on top of the double boiler.
4. Continue to beat the egg mixture until fluffy. ( Use your finger to touch the egg mixture, remove the bowl from boiling water when egg mixture is heated.)
5. Sift and fold the flour, corn starch, and coco powder into the egg batter.
6. Pour step 5 batter into the melted butter and gently mix them together.
7. Spoon the mixture into the baking pan and put it into the preheated oven and bake for 20 mins.
8. Turn out, put it on top of the wire rack until cool.
9. Take of the paper.
10. Repeat the following steps and make another sponge cake.
For White chocolate mousse cake
Heavy whipped cream * 285g
egg yolk * 3
sugar * 50g
White chocolate * 60g
Powder unflavored gelatin * half package (check out the productHERE)
1. Dissolve half package of gelatin powder in 1/2 cup of boiling water.
2. Whip heavy cream until it forms firm peaks.
3. Dissolve white chocolate by using a double boiler.
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar in the big bowl and put it on top of a double boiler and continue to beat the mixture.
4. Add the dissolved white chocolate and gelatin water into the egg yolk mixture until well blended; then take the whole mixture out of double boiler.
5. Continue to blend the mixture to let it cool a little bit.
6. When the mixture cools down, slightly fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the mixture.
7. Gently fold the rest of whipped cream into the mixture.
8. Put a chocolate cake layer first at the baking pan, then pour the white chocolate mixture on top of it.
9. Put another chocolate cake on top of the white chocolate mixture.
10. Use cling wrap to seal up the whole baking pan then put it into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Finally, take out the whole cake, cut it into the desire size, then put some candy decorations, and you are ready to serve!
I served it with my cherry flavor marcaron!!
Hope your family will enjoy it as my family does!